Friday, December 29, 2017

17 things in 2017

It’s almost 2018 so I thought that I would spend a few minutes making a list of things I've learned in 2017. I’ve narrowed it down to these seventeen things so enjoy :)

  1. I’m incredibly sarcastic, hence most of this list. For years I’ve used sarcasm to the point where people never know if I’m actually being funny or I’m just another jerk. I prefer the former.
  2. I talk about myself a lot, again hence the list. It’s not that I’m full of myself it’s just people ask me questions and actually want to know me more.. So if you don’t want to hear me talk about myself don’t ask personal questions.
  3. My fashion sense (also see #1) is better than others and people are jealous. Because why else would someone “complain” in an evaluation of my job performance about me talking about my clothes.Yes this happened… I still don’t know how that has to do with my job performance but whatever
  4. I love to entertain. I’ve known this for years but really this year I’ve realized how much I miss entertaining people whether that’s just singing while working or on a stage or some of the jokes that make people laugh and make me think I should be a stand up comedian
  5. You reach a certain age that eventually the things that once were fun and exciting now become a struggle or a burden to do; not in physical activities, but in fun jobs and stuff like that. I have loved my summers working camp and grateful for every one of them, but after 10 years I see how much it has changed and how much I’ve changed since my first summer
  6. I’ve gotten to an age where TV shows or music references go far above people under the age of 25 heads. You can make a reference to Family Matters or even FRIENDS and they just look at you. You start singing a song from early *NSYNC or Smashmouth and they think you’re making it up.
  7. No matter how old I get I’ll still be “that guy”. This can mean many things. I’ll just let you fill in the blank.
  8. The older I get the more i love certain holidays, not for the materialistic side but for the enjoyment of being with friends and family.
  9. My friends mean more to me sometimes than I mean to them. I cherish certain relationships more than others…. Hence why I have favorites at jobs or in social circles, but just because you’re not a “favorite” doesn’t mean you don’t matter
  10. Dad jokes and puns have become my favorite thing. The cheesier the better!!
  11. This year has had a lot of financial ups and downs. So i’ve learned the power of the budget
  12. I LOVE to cook. Not just for myself but other people too. Experimenting with different recipes and ideas that sound amazing
  13. No matter how hard I try to avoid it a “Cheat meal” turns into a cheat day and then a cheat weekend on my diet, I’m working on that in 2018 as well.
  14. Since I’ve spent the last year and a half in the same apartment I’ve realized how much I love to have people over and enjoy the company of others. So if you ever need a place to hang out let me know!!
  15. I get behind on a lot of things including keeping up with long distance friends. I’m sorry i still love you!!
  16. For years I tried to pretend that I wasn’t materialistic and loved to buy things but honestly I”ve learned to life the minimalist lifestyle. You don’t have to have all the things to have everything
  17. Thought out 2017 I’ve learned so much about myself and my limits in different ways. I’ve learned what I can handle, what I can’t and my reliance on God has grown and I”ve learned to look to Him for the strength and encouragement that sometimes others don’t give. I don’t always see it but God’s provision has been so apparent in this year that sometimes I’ve overlooked until after it has passed.

I’m sure there is more that I”ve learned. Some of it I don’t mind sharing, other things are a little person (surprising since I love to talk about myself). This year has been a roller coaster. Ups and Downs and the loops that come it. After this year I’m ready for 2018 and all the adventures that await in the coming months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment