Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm that faithfully-faithless kid

So the Lord has really been challenging me a lot lately. Mostly in my faith walk with Him. Having said that....

Am I following Him or am I am following my own agenda? Honestly I can't truly answer that question, because, well I don't know myself. Spending the last 3 weeks looking for a job has really tested my faith in the Lord. I know that everything is done in God's time and not my own, but sometimes I want to pull Him along instead of Him leading me.

My mother (bless her heart) sent me a really long message on Facebook the other night about faith and having faith in the Lord.

It really got me thinking. Do I really I have faith in God or do I simply say that I am faithful to Him?

In the beginning of the message was quoted Psalm 25:5
"Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."

Do I really believe that passage, or rather am I living by that Psalm.

Over the next few weeks I'm really going to be diving into the word and really listening to what God has for me and how my faith will change over the course of the time.

I'm 27, soon to be 28 (in a few months). I want to get my life back to where it needs to be. I am not that kid I used to be. That has both negative and positive connotations. It's good that I have moved on from my old ways... the college life the stuff I did that I'm not proud of, etc. Anyway I used to be the kid with all the answers to the questions before they were ever asked. I want to dive back into the word, AKA the Bible. I want to be able to answer questions and help lead people to the places in the bible they can get answers.

By doing this, I will be able to mold my faith into a more personalized faith that will be about me and God and our relationship.

Please be in prayer for me as I begin diving into God's word and all kinds of studies.

Of course I know I won't have all the answers but I will be able to know that my faith is truly genuine and not flaky like so many Christians out there. (OOOOO did I hit a sore spot... not ashamed at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment