Wednesday, December 07, 2011

I'm that birthday kid

so I turned 28 on Sunday. yea 28. what the crap? 

anyway. it was a little bitter sweet. sweet cos I at least got to see my family for a few minutes and also cause my mom made homemade tacos for my birthday!! she only cooks those on special occasions. we ate together as a family Saturday. and then watched 'captain America' and ate cheesecake (my birthday cake). all the Facebook, tweets and texts I got made it feel more like my birthday

bitter cause I had to work, no one would switch with me... selfish jerks. and well it just didn't really feel like a birthday. I spent the morning driving home then had to work... with people I really don't like working with. 

but mostly bitter because, well not even my grandmother bothered to call me or post on my Facebook wall. she did call my parents to tell them my card was in the mail. because she forgot... again. 28 years and she still can't remember when my birthday is. it really hurt my feelings. I tried to not let it bother me but it's been this whole circle of crap like this my entire life. crappy christmas presents, forgotten birthdays... I've always been the black sheep of the family. I do take pride in that but it also makes it rough because me and my sister (and my parents) miss out on a lot because we don't live within 1 hour of my grandparents like most of my dad's side of the family. 


   I got my card... 2 days after my birthday and 5 days after I got my Christmas card from my grandparents... seriously... I got a Christmas card before my birthday card. lame. again bitter. 

   I really try not to let it bother me... as I've stated but it only got worse when I found out they were throwing a party for another coworker who's birthday was 3 days after mine. they collected money and were having a pizza party. I got a Flippin 'happy birthday sign' seriously. talk about not treating people equally. 

but ya know I guess I should look at things on the bright side. I've lived to see another year. I've met some amazing people. I've been offered another job which was a huge concern for me. God has blessed me in so many different ways. 

but another year continues. I look to God for guidance and new adventures. starting with a new job. (next post) the lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment