Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm that thankful kid

If I were ever to win an award, say a Grammy or an American Music Award, i'd have a hard time knowing who to thank. mostly because I would be utterly shocked that I won. I'd look like Taylor Swift every time she won... you know that face...

but anyway today is a day to stop & reflect on what we are thankful for. so I decided to post the top 10 things that I am thankful for. sit back, relax, but it may not take that long. so here goes

1) I know it's cliche, but I am thankful to my lord and savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him I would be nothing, I'd be lost... literally. He is my loving father who loves me through sick and sin, I mean... thick and thin, but He is the one person that I can rely on whenever I am down. The Lord comforts me in sickness, health and all the things I go through both good and bad.

2) I'm thankful for friends. Each one of the people I've come in contact with over the last several years and who I have gotten to know. I am so blessed by each of them. I thank you for the laughter and the tears. those crazy fun memories and all the ones I'd rather forget (though few and far between). Without my friends I don't think I would be the person I am today. They mean more than they know to me.

3) Music. I am so thankful for music. all of it. Music has always been my escape, whether I am listening to it or singing or even writing music. I love it. concerts are my sporting events. music is an international language and speaks when words are not enough, or when words cannot express the heart.

4) I am especially thankful for the little things. things like: modern technology. Fickle I know, but without modern technology I wouldn't even be able to post this blog, talking to each of you; whether through texts or Facebook or any other way. I can also enjoy things like tv and movies.

5) I'm thankful for books. I would have never said that five years ago but I have read a lot of great books over the last few years. while 100+ books doesn't seem like a lot to some... that's quite a few books for me. While Ted Dekker is my favorite author I enjoy reading all types of books.

6) I'm thankful for my job. this year alone I've had several jobs. I'm working on my 4th job. I've been able to experience a lot of different work environments. but my favorite job/summer opportunity has and will always be working Fuge Camps. (but that's another one on the list). I am so grateful I have a job in today's economy. I've been there for a little over 2 months and I've met a lot of new people and gained a lot of experience. Restaurant work has always been fun for me. Many people see that as a stepping stone to other jobs but I love working with the public and serving others. that takes on many levels. While serving people on the floor it teaches me a lot about serving others in Christ.

7) I'm thankful for Fuge Camps (www.FUGE.com). I first experienced FUGE as a seventh grader in 1997 and I fell in love with ministry. Even as a young first year student I knew that I wanted to work camp and be a part of this awesome summer camp! for the last 5 summers I've been able to work and grow with like minded individuals. Many of my friends have come from camp and I couldn't be more thankful for that. I look forward to May every year knowing that I get to do awesome things through The Lord and have fun with students!

8) I'm thankful for my family, again cliche but true. I love my family and I am thankful that they have been there for me over the last 28, almost 29 years. we may not be the closest all the time, geographically or emotionally but we are a loving family and I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

9) I'm thankful for my dog. Sadie has been my dog for 3 years. I love her. she's always happy to see me when I come home from a hard day. whether I'm tired or whatever she is always with me. when I'm away from her I miss her. I am glad I have a little precious baby/dog in my daily life.

10) I'm grateful that I have all the things I have in my life. I tend to be materialistic sometimes but I am happy with the things I have. sometimes I feel unhappy that I don't have the latest tech gadget or the mewest car but I have worked hard for all I have and been given.

so a small list and maybe seems kinda lame but I wanted to share what I am thankful for.

happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment