Friday, February 07, 2014

I'm that kid who's sorry, but not sorry

I'm sorry you grew up in a world that doesn't understand culture and judges others who aren't like you. 

I sorry you don't understand that the rest of us do not conform to your ways. that we don't dress like you (and sometimes we dress a lot better). that we don't listen to the same music, watch the same movies/tv shows and enjoy the same past times as you do. 

I'm sorry you grew up in a world that doesn't understand that people have every right to be who they want. 

I'm sorry that you are ignorant and do not understand that just because someone dresses a certain way, acts a certain way, talks a certain way, etc does not mean they should be looked down upon. it also doesn't mean that you can just assume things about them. 

why should I apologize to anyone for who I am? I do not make excuses for my life. I don't have to act differently around you just because you don't appreciate a man who is different than you; a man who walks a little different, talks a little different and dresses way better than you. I shouldn't have to say sorry for being me. 

I'm sorry that I have a college degree and make decent money waiting tables. That I choose to work in an industry that is based on your generosity and your tips; that I choose a career that is based around customer service and doing something for other people instead of just working to make a paychec and pay my bills. I may not make as much or you or I may make more but do not degrade me because my job isn't some 'manly job' where I get dirty and grimy for the sake of my paycheck. 

The Lord loves me for who I am and that makes me love Him even more. God doesn't chastise me for having my ears pierced or mohawking my hair. He doesn't look down upon me because I prefer to wear hollister or express and you choose to wear camo and Carhart. he also loves me even though u don't watch duck dynasty and some other dumb redneck show that shows stereotypes that others judge you on (think about that for a second.....) He doesn't look down on you for the way you dress or act does He? NO HE DOESNT!!! why should you judge someone based solely on outward appearance/how they act. 

so I will not apologize for who I am. I will not say I'm sorry for anything except I will say that I'm sorry that you are so closed minded and ignorant that you choose not to see the person inside but rather what you see on the outside. 

so for all this I'll say 'sorry I'm not sorry' 

for my friends who ever have to deal with ignorant closed minded people I'm sorry you have to deal with them. for those who have been 'bullied': I'm sorry for the fact that they are so rude to talk about you and ask questions about you instead of getting to know you or talking to you first. no one should EVER have to feel threatened at their job or ashamed of who they are. I'm sorry this world refuses to accept you for being you; however there is someone who does love you regardless of your circumstance, God (wanna know more about an unfailing love? ask me I'll gladly share with you a love that will never fail you)

I'm not sorry for anything except that we as a world have failed to educated and reach out to get to know others and learn who they are and not judge others based on things we don't understand. that's why there are so many unreached people groups in our world. groups that have never heard of God or the love that He has for them. The eternal life that God provides to those who trust and follow Him. 

this world is a sad place that is missing a lot of things because people won't get out of their bubble and communities and reach out. 

it's sad when we live in a world where race is still an issue and civil rights are being argued daily in courts all over the country. why must we fight because people are different than us? not everyone will conform no matter what laws you put in place no matter what judgements you make. people will be the peoe they want to be. 

so again sorry I'm not sorry for being the Man of God I have grown up to be. 

You don't have to like me. you don't even have to talk to me or look in my direction but for the love of all humanity will you PLEASE not force your hate and ignorance upon others because you don't understand me?! if you can not be civil to others or whatever maybe you should reevaluate yourself before you pick others apart. 

so sorry I'm not sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment