Saturday, April 09, 2011

I'm that awake kid

So I'm sitting at work. kinda bored, kinda busy. I'm awake that's all that matters. I really like working midnights. I hope that I am offered these when I come back from camp in tha fall. If not I'll continue to be the fill in guy whenever someone is off. Being awake at 5:15am has its advantages and its disadvantages.

1. Advantages to being at work on midnights
a. quiet
b. can read
c. typing this blog (although I shouldn't be)
d. enjoying the company of my fellow techs and pharmacists

2. Disadvantages
a. I'll go home and sleep all day til about 5/5:30
b. Can't really enjoy the weekend or hang out with friends
c. Not many people are online to chat this time of night/day
d. adjusting to being awake at these 'odd' hours

I'm really hoping that I get offered this position in the fall when I return from camp. One of my best friends is leaving for pharmacy school so he won't be able to work here. The two other techs that I work with are fun to be around and the Pharmacists are really nice and laid back. I can get my work done and then read or work on stuff that needs to be done. I do spend a lot of time sitting and being quiet, but it gives me a chance to reflect on life and all the good and bad things that have come my way. It also gives me time to listen to God and really spend time relfecting on His glory and grace. I know that probably sounds incredibly cheesy... it does, but its true.

Plus if i get offered midnights full time I'll work a week. have a week off. and so forth. which is really nice...and the pay is better. so that's always a plus

g'night/good morning

No comments:

Post a Comment