Monday, April 16, 2012

in that kid who rides the bus

public, not short. well I rode public transpiration for the first time ever today. not too bad. the ride that is. the walking a mile to the right bus pickup spot is the hard part. but hey I'm a quick walker. it took me about 28 minutes to walk 1.1 mile. I'm proud of myself. it took me about an hour and 15 minutes total to get to work today.

I could have walked the full 3.2 miles but I don't think I had it in me today. but I probably could have done it & saved $1.70.

now the ride home this evening was a little and a little more stressful. I left work about 10:15 and got home at 11:45 roughly. so fifteen more minutes. less walking but it cost me $3.40 to get home. I had to ride downtown and switch buses. it was interesting.

the walk home from getting off the bus was the stressful part. walking home in the dark at 11:30 in a kinda shady neighbor hood scared me a little bit. who knows who could have been waiting around the corner, but fortunately for me nothing happened. I was constantly checking my surroundings.

it was an experience indeed, one that I don't necessarily want to do, but have to do because my truck is broken down. hence why I had to ride the bus. it's good to know that I have the option to ride a bus if needed, which apparently I need it.

hopefully my truck will be fixed this week. I'm not sure if it's the battery, starter or alternator. but whatever it is will be fixed this week... let's hope.

I'm 100% ok riding the bus and walking to the bus stop... during the day. it's the late nights that bother me. there are some crazies out there. I just don't want to run into one unless I have to.

but until my truck has been fixed looks like I'm riding the bus. I would have never imagined riding one before, but theres a first time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment